Happy Chinese New Year!!!
Thank you to everyone (especially my American friends) who wished me a Gong Xi Fa Cai and celebrated CNY with me. And specific thanks to my Clarissa onni for coming down to spend the weekend with me- I hope you are having a great time.
Anyway the past few days have been nothing but celebrating and celebrating, even if I'm in America.
Fri night: Went to pick up onni, and then we drove straight to the Singapore-Hong Kong- Taiwan Association celebration. And I was right- only the Singaporeans brought food. What was going on? That was so dumb to not prepare for more. As predicted, Rachel screamed when she saw Clarissa- it was awesome (to surprise Rae, not her scream)!
We left quite early and we went to Dennys for supper. The Fish-and-Chips was quite good although I think not very the hua (worth the money). The Oreo milkshake was *aww* so good! I think I want to try the strawberry flavour one next time. Then we went to Justin and Joyce's for, er, gossiping time? We played bridge and dai di while we gossiped and hung out. So fun (even though I'm really lan at dai di). And we only got back at 3AM!!! My room-mates were wondering who in the world was making weird noises in the middle of the night (that was prob. me and Clarissa talking madarin...).
Sat night: REUNION DINNER! With a few close Singaporean friends at Joyce's again. HOT POT. Woo Hoo! I ate so much, and the surprise birthday cake for onni Joyce was also very good. Then there was the precious amount of bandong...
And I discovered that I'm not the only one who loves the Food Network. Ha ha ha! That was nice.
We also played Sparkles and mini-fireworks. That really added to the atmosphere of CNY and it was fun to just wave the sparkles around like I was once again a small girl.
More dai di, more bridge playing, more gossiping, and more "screaming toes".
It was a great reunion dinner (even if it doesn't beat having it with your family) with delicious food. Guess what time we got back? 3AM again. Stinking freak. I had church in 5 hours.
Sun night: After struggling to keep awake in church, I went to the Dalebouts for an American dinner. The food was just wonderful, and I don't praise American food much. Roasted beef, fruit salad, boiled vegetables, rolls... sounds simple but the food was nice. Oh yes, and Billy was completely out-of-his-normal-mind today. I didn't mind him this way but it was so funny to see him go "abnormal".
Then I went over to Ashley's home for another mini-CNY celebration. I ate a bit of the food there and we played a few games like that don't-know-how-to-describe-3-rounds-charade-game and... dai di and bridge. Yes, if you can't tell already dai di is like, the game for Chinese (other than mahjong of course). We played all the way till curfew time when the guys got kicked out.
And now here I am typing this post.
Tomorrow night: FHE. NO MORE Card games or CNY celebration. Back to school. Bleah. But at least I've celebrated it for the past 3 nights AND for tomorrow's lunch, we are going to Tucanoes to celebrate onni Joyce's birthday. Oh my word- that's a ton of food stuffed in me the past few days and tomorrow. I CAN'T WAIT though- I told you I love eating.
Sorry if this post is so disjointed and that there are so many private jokes- it's 2:30am now and I'm not in the right frame of mind.
Monday, February 19, 2007
About Me, America and Everything-in-between. The adventures of a blur chinese Girl trying to find her way around the gigantic US of A...
About Me

- Name: Funkee Ego
- Location: United States
A very unbashful girly "female". I love clothes and objects with floral and ribbon motifs on them. I love to read and watch everything to do with artistic things. Unfortunately, I'm pretty telantless in them. Sigh...
Previous Posts
- Pineapple tartsThat's what I miss the most now, be...
- 10 Things I Love:My annual list of 10 Things I Lov...
- Great great great news!!!I'VE STARTED TO FILL OUT ...
- You know you've studied too much history when...Yo...
- Men are so stupid.I'm not turning into some femini...
- Weekends are so NOT a time of rest and rejuvenatio...
- Sunday Chinese New Year Dinner for my close Americ...
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHIYA!!!I can still remember Shiya ...
- My Basic Music Conducting classmates...Are music m...
- Mathius Zhen Yi KhongThe "Zhen Yi" is "Zhen4 Yi4" ...


8 Comments:
That's a lot of food and NOT a lot of sleep! Sounds like it was fun though. I enjoyed seeing you on the webcam yesterday!
HAPPY CNY keshia!
and mummy only baked cornflake cookies this year lah. no others, not even butter cookies
oh and mum&dad bought this grill thingy, and we fried chicken/pork pieces on it!
ne ne! keesh lai. the second nite we got back at 4! not 3! haha. im tired but i sure had tons of fun! thanks hun`
hey keshia lai when are u coming back?the hainanese chicken rice and bakua is beckoning u
I ate so much until I wanted to throw up!!! After our super heavy Tucano's lunch right, I had another dinner at 7pm, but still, i wasn't very hungry. Too much meat in the day already lah...wah lao..that night, justin and my tummies are as round as a basketball!!!! We are going gym later....blehzz...
Wow Keshia--I need to learn a new language to understand your blog! And what is this about Billy being "abnormal?" I want all the details.
Jen: Ha ha ha! I'm sorry- the English is kinda "Singaporean-nized" with all the local slang.
And Billy was just... weird. He would speak to us using economic terms, and he would point out the most random stuff that is so un-Billy like. Like we drove past the Duck Pond and HE pointed out to me (not the other way round!) that it was a sure sign of Spring coming because there were so many couple PDA-ing. Yikes!
Post a Comment
<< Home