Pineapple tarts
That's what I miss the most now, because it's CHINESE NEW YEAR (CNY) on Saturday, and mom just e-mailed me and told me that she finally got done with her CNY cookie baking. Well, her cookies are very delicious but it's her pineapple tarts that just makes me desperate to go home.
Why?
It's the Lai family pineapple tart recipe. I've tried all sorts and kinds of pineapple tarts but really, I do believe that my family's pineapple tarts are the best. My mom uses that recipe and so does my Aunty Beryl and Aunt Phyllina. Does that give it credit already? Of course I'm bias but like I said, I've tried almost all kinds and I still think (from a as-neutral-as-I-can-be point of view) the flavour and texture of my family's is the best. It's not a secret recipe but I've not learnt the skill because it takes A LONG time to make these delicious tarts. And I mean a looooonnnnngggggg time.
Anyway, there's suppose to be a Singapore-Hong Kong- Taiwan Association CNY celebration party tonight. Great! Except for the fact that so far from talking to people, I think Singapore was the only country asked to bring food. Hmmm... I'm suspecting that HK and Taiwan are doing other stuff like bringing the Kara-ok set or other things. Since (maybe) only Singapore is bringing food (and each person only brings enough to feed 4-5 people) I hope there's going to be enough food. Also, I'm NOT PAYING DUES. I'm already contributing to the potluck so why should I come out even more money to pay dues? Why, are they going to reimburse me?
Gotta call home.
HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!!
And I'm so excited that onni is coming down in 12 hours... Yeah!
Friday, February 16, 2007
About Me, America and Everything-in-between. The adventures of a blur chinese Girl trying to find her way around the gigantic US of A...
About Me

- Name: Funkee Ego
- Location: United States
A very unbashful girly "female". I love clothes and objects with floral and ribbon motifs on them. I love to read and watch everything to do with artistic things. Unfortunately, I'm pretty telantless in them. Sigh...
Previous Posts
- 10 Things I Love:My annual list of 10 Things I Lov...
- Great great great news!!!I'VE STARTED TO FILL OUT ...
- You know you've studied too much history when...Yo...
- Men are so stupid.I'm not turning into some femini...
- Weekends are so NOT a time of rest and rejuvenatio...
- Sunday Chinese New Year Dinner for my close Americ...
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHIYA!!!I can still remember Shiya ...
- My Basic Music Conducting classmates...Are music m...
- Mathius Zhen Yi KhongThe "Zhen Yi" is "Zhen4 Yi4" ...
- My room-mate room-mate is finally OFFICIALLY engag...


6 Comments:
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hi keshia,
happy new year!! gong xi fa cai!! haha...this entry just wan to make me drool when u talked abt ur mum's pinapple tarts..haha...so do u get to eat other CNY goodies like love letter, bak kwa etc over there? Only Singapore ask to bring food, guess Singaporean really love to eat har..haha..
only singapore is bringing food??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
hey keshia lai shu-hui u are damn funny!
what lai pineapple tarts recipe!
u are funny :)
hope u will have a blast celebrating CNY over there in the states alrights! :)
XIN NIAN KUAI LE :)
this is liting here btw!!!!
Keesh ah...I want to eat your mum's pineapple tarts also leh...ask her make and send you, then you share share with me? Haha!
Talk about that Singapore CNY dinner thing, so pissed off....by the time i got there, no more food left! Also, there's no atmosphere of CNY at all! All ang mohs leh...
Post a Comment
<< Home