Saturday, March 03, 2007

I am so so so happy for Abish!!!

Congratulations to her on her A Level results!

She didn't do super good. Heck, her results weren't anywhere as good as mine. And I bet her results weren't even half as good as those whose siblings also received their results, right *nudge onni Clarissa, Popo and Rae*...

But my parents and I are still so proud of her.

Because Abish is one of those people who are NOT academically inclined. Abish is one of those people who studies hard but just doesn't quite get how to really apply the concept to the problem. She doesn't excel much in school. Instead her talent lies in drawing art and makeup and hair and those type of stuff (she is FANTASTIC IN DOING THESE). By Singapore standards, she has no future.

Therefore we are SO PROUD of her even if she scored average Bs in the A Levels. I wouldn't mind telling everyone her real results because I'm so happy, but she would kill me if I did.

Now, cross my fingers and hope she gets accepted into BYU.

13 Comments:

At 3/05/2007 7:11 AM, Blogger Princess Peg said...

keesh...my bro didn't take the As...lol...coz hes in poly. HAHAHAHA!! yea...but my church frens are mad...both got 4As.. :S:S

 
At 3/05/2007 10:35 PM, Blogger Funkee Ego said...

HUH? He went to Poly? really ah? Sorry lah.. too long ago. Pai seh...

 
At 3/05/2007 11:55 PM, Blogger joycey said...

i'm sure your sis will get into BYU. BYU doesn't want to see any Cs in the A levels. As long as she doesn't have Cs, average Bs should have chance. I'm proud of her too! I'm like her, not academically inclined, but good at arts! That's why i'm in theatre arts major..hehe...she should consider this kind of major so that she'll excel in the dept and get scholarships and stuff. Must listen to me..hehe cos that's what happened to me! You know it..

 
At 3/06/2007 12:04 AM, Blogger joycey said...

hey check out benji's blog: http://blog.sina.com.cn/benji

 
At 3/06/2007 12:46 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

what's BYU? wherever u're studying now?
eh when are u coming back?!

 
At 3/06/2007 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Abish, I can relate--I hate standardized tests (assuming that's what you're referring to)--they don't tell you anything! People learn and think in so many different ways and everyone has different talents, so to judge someone on a single test that measures only a single way of learning is unfair! Congrats on doing as well as you did! I got into BYU, you can too!

 
At 3/06/2007 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, that last comment is not anonymous, it's from Jen!

 
At 3/06/2007 2:07 PM, Blogger Funkee Ego said...

Mrs Beckham, aka Sian Lye: Ha ha ha!~ Hiyoh I've been so long already. BYU stands for Brigham Young University, and it's in the state of Utah (which is 2 states away from California). It's sort of a Mormon U. I'm coming back end June and I can't wait to go eat and see everyone!!!

Jen: I totally agree with you.

 
At 3/06/2007 10:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and keesh! haha y yr congrats have so many -ve stuff like "no future in singapore" and "not as good as me" tsk tsk. hahahaha

 
At 3/06/2007 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey keshai lai i got to agree with ur fwen lah! haha. u praise ur sis and say bad things abt her at the same time! and u are so PROUD! hahaha. kidding lah. act i also think i am better than my sis, academically lah! oops. hahahaha...shhhhhh. guess they each have their own talent in some areas. not like me, no talents! faints! anws, u sick! take care!

 
At 3/06/2007 11:14 PM, Blogger Funkee Ego said...

hiyoh, cannot say my sister everything also perfect right? Must be realistic. :)

 
At 3/08/2007 9:15 PM, Blogger I live for Chocolate. said...

oi how can you say her results are so off from yours? not bad lor
-myra:D

 
At 3/09/2007 10:41 PM, Blogger Funkee Ego said...

Myra: actually quite true hor... the only diff btwn our results was that I got one A instead of one, er, nvm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home