I went to my meeting with the Stake clerk this morning before church and I had a rude shock. He told me that everything about my misson papers was fine.
Except for one tiny little detail.
The doctor had not ordered a TB test for me. I took one in 2005 before I came to BYU. Therefore, during my medical check-up in May, the nurse only ordered a chest x-ray for me, in which the medical report came back clean.
However, apparently the doctor was suppose to have ordered another TB test because it had to be done within the last 6 months. Therefore, the Stake clerk could not put in the millimeter induration. And that was the only detail stopping my entire application from being processed- one digit/ figure/ number stating my induration, and one that I did not have because the nurse had not ordered it. I don't blame anyone, but I know that the problem had certainly not been mine because I had no idea whether I neded one or not- I just followed instructions.
I held my head up after he told me the bad news, put my bag down in the chapel, went to the bathroom, l0cked myself in a cubicle and started bawling.
To have come 95% of the way and discover that there was yet again another hitch. I had never felt so disappointed in my life. It was the disappointment and frustration that just got to me. My interview with my bishop had gone smoothly, and all that stood in the way was my interview with my Stake President, which was suppose to be this Tuesday. Now, I couldn't have the interview because the computer refused to approve it without that darn figure.
I cried throughout the opening exercise and partaking of the sacrament. It was horrible. And I don't cry in public. After partaking of the sacrament, I went to the bathroom, cried a bit more, wiped my tears and pulled myself together.
And then REDEMPTION came!
After sacrament, I went to see the Stake clerk again, and he told me to go home and get the record of my 2005 TB test, which I did. I ran (well, I was in a skirt so more like, walked quickly) home to get it. We ended up "cheating" the system in a legal way (?). According to my record, my 2005 induration was 15mm. He typed it in and the stupid computer read it as too large and that I was too sick. WHAT?!
So he promptly typed in "14mm" and then at the bottom where you could write notes, he wrote that the actual results was 15mm but the chest x-ray had shown that I was clean and not sick at all.
And they were in!
YEAH!
So now, I only have my Stake President's Interview this Tuesday and they'll be IN!!! HOORAY!!!
Labels: Missionary Preparation


1 Comments:
Oh my gosh! So much complications!! But I'm so glad everything is ok now!! Yay!! I'll miss you too!
Post a Comment
<< Home