Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Why is it...

That when I have all my teeth intact, I only want to eat Singaporean food

But the minute I pluck out my 3 Wondrous Wisdom teeth and can't open my mouth, I crave

A PAULA DEEN BUTTER BURGER PATTY???!!!

That has got to be one of the most annoying things of your body. I blame it on Bobby Chan (yes, that poor innocent guy got implicated), because I remember him saying this very distinctly. This was when dear Rae had just gotten her 3 wisdom teeth out, and we had gone to pick her up on Sunday for the potluck at onni and oppa's. I had just voiced my concern that I would puff up like her (which I did) and not be able to eat (that too...) and Bobby said

"Oh don't worry. When I went to pluck out my wisdom teeth, I ate a hamburger the very next day."

WAH LAU EH!!!

I bet that's why I crave a burger like no other now, and I'm even more irritated that my body is not recovering as fast as his did. It's the 5th day since I got them out and I still can't open my mouth completely. Sigh... I'm too ambitious.
Actually, I have to say that I have been blessed with quite a tough body because so far, I have not thrown up once, and while I can't open my mouth completely, as of yesterday, I could eat solid food once again (HALLELUJAH!) albeit chopped into teeny itsy pieces.
My medication is doing weird things to my body but I'm slowly and finally getting off my pain killers. There is still this tiny constant irritating pain on my lower jaws but I think it's because of dry sockets. I just have to be patient and let it wear off (hmm.. my anti-biotics are taking a while to kick in...).

And be patient that one day in the very near future (hopefully VERY near future before I'm driven crazy) I will be able to eat my hamburger.

One more thing:
I still like Jell-O and chocolate pudding

But I am NOT touching those for a very very very long time.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 6/06/2007 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Keshia, it sounds like your surgery didn't go as well as mine did. I got pretty lucky when I had my wisdom teeth pulled. In fact, I went on a date the very next day...to a concert...and went home with a bad headache! Anyway, I'm glad you are gradually getting better. Hang in there!

 
At 6/07/2007 7:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

at least u din throw up. i threw up twice! in the same day! i was feeling so sick. but i went under GA tho. so tats prob y i threw up more than a norm person! and i looked like a hamster too! lol.

 
At 6/07/2007 7:56 AM, Blogger rae said...

you can do it!!!!!!! a few more days and you'll be right as rain. xoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home