Ok, for fear of misunderstanding, I'm not one of those feminist despite my recent guy-bashing posts. And to those who have already found their significant other- Congratulations! I'm happy for you and may my future relationship be as happy as yours. Now go get married and "multiply and replenish the earth" :p If you are attached/ engaged/ already married, you may shut off here because you're not going to really like the rest of this post. I'm not against getting attached and marrying- in fact, I'm look forward to it... IN A FEW YEARS, not anytime nearer than that. It's just that being singles has many advantages as well and we single girls need to be reminded of that sometimes, especially when those annoying couples make out in public.
For me and the rest of the single women population, let's go celebrate our singlehood while we can!
10) We can concentrate on our jobs/ careers and earn loads of money. Maybe earn enough to be even richer than our future husbands. Bwa ha ha!
9) We can oogle at our hunky celebrities and not worry about our significant other getting jealous (My Ewan McGregor! Christian Bale! Drool...)
8) I don't have to crack my brain over what to get my significant other for his birthday/ Christmas/ one month anniversary since we started dating. Not only do I save $ but I also save a few braincells. My experience of buying things for guys is that they are so "ANYTHING", it's annoying. And knowing my terrible memory, I predict I won't even remember the favourite colour of my significanct other, much less what he truly needs and wants.
7) I don't have a permanant room-mate. Ok, granted that I do have a room-mate now, but at least it's not permanent. I may get my own room in spring and summer even. Yes! Oh I love my room-mate but it's nice to have some privacy and space you know...
6) I can have a co-ordinated wardrobe with enough space for my clothes and shoes, tidily and neatly arranged. Alright, I don't have a co-ordinated wardrobe but at least there's space. I don't have to worry about his clothes invading my closet space or worse, making a mess of it. And I don't have to hear him complain if I impulsely buy another pair of shoes AGAIN just because it was on sale.
5) I don't have to worry AT ALL about breaking any "Thou shalt not lust" commandment. No neckmo, necking, making out, etc AT ALL.
4) WE DON'T COOK AND FEED FREE LOADERS. My future boyfriend had better remember this. I'm NOT an automatic free-food supplier and cook (although I will cook for him sometimes). I need to save up my money to feed myself and go shopping. Ok, not go shopping (although I wish...) but to pay my rent and tuition.
3) No meeting or worse, LIVING with any MONSTER-IN-LAWS to worry about. I know that not all in-laws are bad but at least I can put off this one fearful meeting for a few more years...
2) We don't have to be worried about guys pasting oreos on our windows with their bloody hands illegally. And for those who have no idea what in the world I am talking about, see the post, er, "Guys Can be Quite Dumb Sometimes"
1) Zero worries about getting fat 1) to fit into my wedding dress and 2) from pregnancy.
So my official status as of now (in case you didn't read my earlier post) is officially- single, available, semi-looking but NOT desperate.
Let's go party girlfriends!!!


4 Comments:
wahaha. oh my gosh.this is so hialrious. haha. haha.
thank u ah keesh, i feel so comforted now, muahaha
hey shu hui! why are u so freaking funny. u are damn funnie. i like this especially
"automatic free-food supplier and cook"
"No meeting or worse, LIVING with any MONSTER-IN-LAWS to worry about."
damn funny la u. u are a born joker! funny genes u got in you! haha. i seriously thought it was freaking funny. i am going to blog abt u NOW haha. and i went back to read ur OREO story. oh man damn funnie! what bag of oreos! but quite sweet dont u think so. but it is rather dangerous for the guy to stick oreos on the window pane of a 9th floor apartment/hostel/dorm? haha.
i love ur entries! keep it up kae! DAMN FUNNY. i mean it! haha.
OLT: the guy was sweet but he should have more brains than to go reply that way. Like he can make a huge sign or something else using oreos... oh well, gotta give him some credit lah
Ivy: No lah! RM nothing to do with malaysian. ha ha! The guy is from USE, a white through and through. RM means Return Missionary. he is back from serving a mission for my church. Anyway, nice to see your comments!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home