Saturday, March 25, 2006

Ups and Downs...

This weekend has just been a continual series of Ups and Downs. So cliche but so true- when it's bad, it's horrible. But when it's good, it's really really good. Phew! But I'm enjoying every second of it (ok, not the Downs but it sure makes the Ups sweeter)

Downs:

1. Took at SUCKY math test on Fri. 'Nuff said.

2.No guy asked me out to the Deseret Towers Invitational (think Graduation from Freshman Year and DT) also held on Friday. I mean, yeah I like being single (for now) but it doesn't mean I don't date and it doesn't mean that it doesn't hurt not to be asked.

3. Grandma Dalebout fell and broke her hip bone. Had to go for surgery and the anasthesia is still having a terrible effect on her. I felt so sad when I heard the news and read Jenny's blog

Ups:

1. Grandma Dalebout got admitted out of hospital and is now in a care facility. While her emotional capacity has not really improved, at least she is out of the hospital! Sorry, I don't really like any hospital atmosphere, especially after working there for a while (right Chris? *wink*)... Grandma, I've only known you since coming here but I love you. I hope you feel better. If not, may you be released from your sufferings soon. I'm praying for you.

2. In the end I went to the DT Invitational with a few of my "single" girlfriends and WE ROCKED! Well, not just us but the entire party. The DANCE was great! Yup, we were dancing in our semi-formal (think Sunday best) /formal gowns and dresses, makeup and all. And no, we were NOT dancing to classical music or sappy love songs. We were dancing to rock, pop and hip hop, and going full out in our dresses. It was WAY FUN!

And during those sappy love songs, my girlfriends and I either danced together, or we did "interpretive dancing". Have you done that before? You just come up with your own dumb moves and follow the beat of the music. It's so FUNNY and so FUN. The place was decorated according to the Venetian Theme, with fountains and a bridge and there was even a mini-bar where you could buy cocktails (artificial non-alcoholic ones of course). My friends and I wanted to sit the mini-gondola rides but the queue was horrendously long so we gave up. And in the end, I'm glad I didn't go with a date because it rocked to go as a single gal!

I tell you, DT charges us a ridiculous amount of money for staying there and I have no idea if it's good or bad. Bad because in the end they use it to organize such extravagant and money-wasting parties, when they could have charged us cheaper and saved us some money. On the other hand, the party was SO FUN and relaxing and magical and it felt good to be dancing after not having gone to a dance for so long. I really don't know which is better.

3.This has got to be the HIGHLIGHT of my week. Guess where I went? I went to the GENRAL YOUNG WOMEN'S MEETING at SALT LAKE (yes! Out of Provo!) and to the CONFERENCE CENTER. And my word, the Conference Center is beautiful and HUGE. It's beautiful. What in the world was I doing at a Young Women's meeting? I got tickets so duh, of course I'll go! I know someone serving on the YW's Board and she gave me two tickets, so I asked my friend Katie Connors to go with me.

And guess where we sat? We got to sit at the freaking 3RD ROW. 3RD ROW!!! I was like, 20 meters from where the First Presidency sat. Joining them were Elder David Bednar and Dallin H Oaks. The General Primary Presidency and General RS Presidency were there as well and I got to see them so closely.

Plus the meeting was so amazing! Abish and Myra, you MUST go and make Mommy go with you as well. Spread the word to all the YW there. The choir was good, the spirit strong and uplifting. And make sure Chreyl and Sis Rita go as well- Sis Susan W. Tanner speaks about something Sis Rita would love Cheryl to hear.

The Lord has truly blessed me!

4 Comments:

At 3/26/2006 10:15 AM, Blogger soph said...

hiii keshia! haha found your link thru liting's blog. =p

 
At 3/26/2006 8:18 PM, Blogger Oriental Lass said...

Keshia! I am so happy that you enjoy yourself so much. Single is good! Ahh my alas, my crush is transfering to the Y, yes Provo. What am i going to do without the funny man and michelle is going to be gone too. I will find someone to play with!!!

Anyways my day has been good although its rainy.
I love you.

 
At 3/26/2006 9:18 PM, Blogger Funkee Ego said...

Oh don't worry Chris, you'll find someone to hang out wiht when Michelle is gone! Maybe she's only coming in Spring. You'll be fine! Love ya too!

 
At 3/27/2006 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad your weekend ended up okay Keshia. Isn't the Conference Center amazing? I'm glad you got to go! And I'm glad you had fun at the dance, even without a date! Way to make the best of everything! :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home