Monday, April 03, 2006

Drumroll....

To FINALLY welcome Spring in! Woo Hoo! Nie Nie Nie Clarissa. Ok, that was mean. Sorry Clarissa! I still love you, but I love Spring too!
Maybe not Spring itself but I love the warmth that Spring brings and the budding of the plants. Something unusual happened today while walking to class today in the afternoon. I actually FELT HEAT. Can you believe it? I FELT HEAT, like the sun heat and I didn't have to wear my sweater at all. Isn't that amazing??? Wow! I'm still pleasantly surprised and I can't wait for more warm days.
I know summer here in Utah is HOT, like the temperature can go even higher than S'pore but at least I won't have to suffer from the HUMIDITY that S'pore has. Sorry those in S'pore- take comfort that at least you don't have to suffer through winter. Winter is BAD and am I glad it's FINALLY GONE. Bye bye to my thick wintewr clothing and hello to my 3/4s and flip-flops and skirts.
Anyway, to those from my church, General Conference was great! The Spirit was strong and I was edified and uplifted. I don;t have a favourite talk but there were a few quotations that I like. Unfortunately, the scripts are not up yet so maybe another post. Anyway, I don't weant to spoil the Conference for those still in Singapore.
But for those in Singapore (and for Joyce Lim), we were pleasantly surprise because for the two Sat sessions
a) Pres Hickley didn't speak at all
b) Pres Hinckley gave a really funny talk once only
c) Pres Hickley gave two really funny talks

Well, go watch and you'll find out. I've really come to realize that all 4 sessions are equally important and so it's good to go for all 4, even thogh it does take up 8 whole hours of our time. Which reminds me, I need to make that up by studying NOW so bye bye!

5 Comments:

At 4/04/2006 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

keshia lai. u nie nie wat? haha. we here last week already spring le lo. no more snow notink le lo. urs a bit the late rite? ours been spring weather for more than a week le. haha. and way long ago i stopped wearing my winter wear le. haha.

 
At 4/04/2006 4:31 PM, Blogger kokolin said...

u very good lor. here the weather cranky one. winter was not that cold, last week(spring already) was super cold and its been raining everyday since this week! argh!

 
At 4/04/2006 10:15 PM, Blogger Funkee Ego said...

Clarissa: Woah! Some competition here man. No lah, here in Utah already Spring last wk as well but just that yesterday, I FELT HEAT! Ha ha! I still love u Clarissa!
Kokolin: Yah, last wk here also raining. Ewww... this week good weather.

 
At 4/05/2006 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey!... lucky u...
it's starting to get cold over here!!
gloomy n rainy... =(

siyun

 
At 4/06/2006 10:51 AM, Blogger Oriental Lass said...

Is beautiful weather here in Hawaii too :D and for the first time in months it STOPPED RAINING!!!! Anyways u two are the slowest :P because I live in paradise, hehe no offense meant, because i am just messing with the both of you as usual :D
Love you two

 

Post a Comment

<< Home